Etwall Gallery

Methodists

Click to enlarge   Minister  Rev Lew Greaves

   5, Elwyn Close,
   Burton-on-Trent
   DE13 0BG

   Tel: (01283)  538101

 

 

Services

The Service pattern does change from time to time  to allow for Festivals and United Worship with our neighbouring Churches.

A typical pattern for Worship is:

9:30am

Family Club (except for the 4th Sunday of the month)
 

10:45am

Morning  Service (Holy Communion is offered on the 3rd Sunday of the month)
 

6:15pm

Evening  service with Holy Communion (1st Sunday of the month)
 

Hall and Chapel Bookings

Both the Hall and the Chapel are available for bookings.  Please contact Brian Myring on 01283 734851

History

In 1837 the first Methodist chapel in Etwall was built by Arthur Minton, son  of Thomas Minton founder of the famous Stoke-on-Trent pottery firm. It was  described at the time as "a handsome building lighted by ten Gothic windows"  and "it will seat 250 persons". Methodist Church drawing

The newly built chapel was sold  to the Wesleyan Missionary Society for 120. The original chapel forms  the centre section of the present building though six of its Gothic  windows were removed during extensions to the building in 1883 and in  1978.

The Schoolroom behind the church is extensively used  for social and village functions and is a regular meeting place for the  Etwall and Burnaston Local History Society, the Methodist Women's  Church Fellowship and the Adelphic society to name but three.

The Methodist Church is decorated as part of the  annual Etwall Well Dressing Festival each May.    At this time their  hall is put to further good use providing tea and cakes for the legion  of visitors.
 

Version 2.2
Mar 17th 2016

Web design: Jim Gardner

© Copyright Etwall Parish Council 2011